Monday, September 8, 2014

Transfers


We had transfers this week!  Unfortunately, I had to leave the Lagoa ward and Elder Dunford.  It's sad leaving everyone behind, but I'm in a sweet new area called Progresso with Elder Anderson.  Elder Anderson is from Spokane, Washington and is a way funny guy.  I have a good feeling about the work that we are going to do together here.  The Progresso Ward is one of the oldest in Belo Horizonte.  I think the ward has been divided 4 times, so there is some history here.  They say that about 15 years ago, the sacrament meeting would get so full that there wasn’t even sitting space on the floor, and people would watch the meeting through the windows!  That’s basically every missionary’s dream.  

I'm excited right now.  Tonight we are going to have a family home evening at President Fortunato’s home.  His FHEs are legendary in the mission.  Of all the people that have been to his home for family home evening in 2 years and 3 months as president, only one person has not accepted his invitation to be baptized.  He invited us to bring a man who has been investigating the church here for months now.  I really don’t know what he is waiting for, but we are hoping that President Fortunato can help him. 

As a missionary, I have learned how the Lord puts us in the right places at the right times.  We brought a man to church yesterday named Waldo.  In the gospel principles class he bore his testimony saying, “My mother died 2 weeks ago, and my wife left me.  I moved to the area last week to try to forget about these things. Then the missionaries knocked on my door and offered to bring me to church.  I know Jesus didn’t forget about me."  He is a very special person.  

I'm so stoked to be here in this ward right now.  Miracles are going to happen...I can just feel it.  

 

Elder Marsh

 

No comments:

Post a Comment