Friday, July 5, 2013

Week 4

Dear Mom and Dad and Family,

I hope you're having an awesome time on vacation!  I may be wrong , but you are in Yellowstone this week right?  I hope it's a blast, and I'm bummed I'm missing a family reunion. Please tell me all about it. 

Hey guess what?  A week from today I'll be getting my reassignment/visa, and then in a couple more days I'll be off! I'm so excited.  Time has just flown by here.  I can vividly remember the first 3 days and today and yesterday, but I can't honestly telling tell you what happened any other day I was here without looking in my journal.  It's all just been a blur of intense training. 

Yesterday was the 4th of July. It was basically the same as any other day here except last night we got to watch 17 miracles, and then watch the stadium of fire fireworks for an hour!  It was pretty awesome.  We stayed up until like 11:30PM.  That's kind of a big deal.  On Wednesday, two of our roommates moved out to leave for there mission.  There were six of us in a room only meant for 4 people.  Because there were two bunks left open, Elder Lutz and I pushed the bunks together to make a king size bunk beds.  It's nice. 

This week, Elder Lutz and I committed our first "investigator" to baptism.  It was awesome even though it was just for pretend.  We could see the cahnge in their attitude towards life and the church.  This church is true.  I don't remember if I told you about this. A couple weeks ago we were doing something called TRC where you just share a message with a member, but in Portuguese.  One of the girls we could have taught was our Mission President's daughter who is up here at LDS Business college!  She said Belo Horizonte is awesome and that her mom will make us cookies.  I'm so excited.  Tomorrow, TRC is going to be via Skype, and we are teaching members that actually live in Brazil.  I'm kind of nervous.  One of the men we teach normally has only been in the states for a year so he speaks almost no English and understanding him is so hard.  He has an amazing memory though.  Every time we went to share a scripture with him, he already had it memorized and would recite it before we could turn to the page. 

I love you.

Elder Marsh

 

No comments:

Post a Comment