Monday, June 23, 2014

Miracles


June 22, 2014

I love it here.  It’s seriously the best being a missionary.  I was studying my notes from the mtc this week and remembered something I had written down about a year ago now.  "Miracle- the natural result of the correct application of true principles."  It’s true.  Everyday we're trying to find miracles in the mission.  Before we leave the apartment we pray for a miracle and then we work and search until we find one.

We found a good one this week.  Sunday night the other Elders here told me that they would have a baptism on Wednesday night...a strange day for a baptism, but I got excited about it!  Elder Aguiar and I decided that we would try to find someone to be baptized that same day, but when we woke up Wednesday morning we still didn’t have anyone.  We went crazy that day visiting old investigators and incomplete families searching for the one.  4 o’clock struck still without any luck.  We had our last chance with our investigator Lucimar who had never accepted a baptismal date in the past.  We went there and talked a little.  She had a little problem with coffee, but the day before she was making a pot and out of nowhere it exploded.  She took that as a sign that she needs to stop drinking coffee.  We then read Alma 7:15.  

"Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism."

We invited her to be baptized and she accepted!!  It was so rad.  

I love you,

Elder Marsh

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment