Monday, February 17, 2014

Transfer Week

This week was transfer week.  Elder Clark got transferred...to his house.  And I am staying here in Ribeirao das Neves. What luck! My new companion is Elder F. Oliveira.  He is a "gaucho" which means he is from Rio Grande do Sul. From what he tells me, his state is a lot different.  It’s the most southern state in Brazil and they actually get snow there which is pretty cool.  It is also the part of Brazil most settled by Europeans so there are a lot of German, Italian, Danish, Portuguese, and English decedents.  He tells me also that the houses there don’t have giant walls surrounding them which is super different
than the homes here.  He has made a ton of connections with the people in our ward already.  Bishop and his wife served in his home mission and the bishop’s wife passed through Elder Oliveira’s ward.  There are a couple of members that grew up within 30 minutes of his house and there
are two members that served with his brother in the Sao Paulo South mission. Small world am I right?

This week was kind of different because lots of things we had been working with for so long closed up last week.  We kind of had to start over and find some new people to start teaching.  We’ve been talking
with pretty much everyone we see about the church and have run into some really cool people that are showing interest in the church.

Here’s kind of a funny story.  We were teaching a less active member outside his house when his neighbor rode up on a motorcycle.  The guy on the bike looked super sketchy and was just waiting for us to finish our lesson.  Afterwards, he called me over and told me, "Hey, I have a job interview next week but I don’t have any dress pants or a white shirt...can I borrow yours?"  I thought for a little bit...I wanted to help him out, but I also didn’t want him to steal my clothes!  I ended up telling him that we have church every Sunday from nine until noon and if he went to church he could borrow the pants and shirt.  Guess who showed up to sacrament meeting on Sunday--this guy and his roommate.  Their names are Robson and Tiago.  We brought them the clothes after church and talked about the restoration.  We´ll see what happens!

Here are a few pictures from the past transfer:





















The center of Belo Horizonte at the Praca de Liberdade.  That's a really pretty park with lots of historical buildings around it.



The wedding of Romareo and Lucimeire
Ygor who just was baptized
The Family of Anderson and Luzia.  They are awesome. They gave Elder Clark a going away dinner with Stroganaugh, guarana,ice-cream, mousse and just lots of yummy food.


Elder Clark, me and the young men in our ward. They are super cool.







No comments:

Post a Comment