Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter in Brazil


April 21, 2014
I’m so grateful for the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us.  I know he suffered for all of us, died, and then was resurrected to break the band of death.  I know He lives because I feel His presence every day.  I have no doubt that this is His true church, and I want everyone here to know that so they too can come unto Christ and feel His influence in their lives.

Easter Sunday was seriously great.  We had an awesome sacrament meeting.  The people who spoke talked about the Savior and His sacrifice and about how we can follow His example through diligence in our callings in church, temple attendance, and family life.

Miracles actually do happen, and the Lagoa ward is just full of miracles. First of all, Enilda, who had to go to the hospital after her baptism was confirmed yesterday!  She stayed in the hospital for four days and had surgery, but that didn’t stop her from wanting to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  She is one tough lady.  After church she gave us a giant chocolate Easter egg.  It’s full of coconut creme...my favorite.  Brazil makes some amazing treats.  She and her daughter are starting to do their family history work already so that they can begin sending names to the temple.

We only have a little time to write this week because today is a holiday and the internet cafes aren’t going to be open very long, but I hope all of you had an amazing Easter weekend .

Elder Marsh

Mom, GOOD LUCK TODAY!  I’m way excited for you.  I woke up today thinking about the Boston marathon and had a knot in my stomach so I have no idea how you feel.  Just think about the opportunity you have to run there!  So cool.

How is Tony and the family there?  Is Boston cool?

And what size shoes does the whole family wear? I want to send a present for you all

No comments:

Post a Comment