Monday, October 6, 2014

conference


First a funny story. Converts to the church are so awesome.  They are so excited about the gospel even if they don’t understand it perfectly.  Our Elders Quorum President, Bras, has been a member for a little more than a year and is 83 years old.  Last week, Bishop asked him to bare his testimony about the importance of prophets and conference.  Bras went to the pulpit and said, “Prophets are really important.  I know that Thomas JOHNSON is a prophet of god."

Conference was way cool.  I loved the people giving talks in their native languages. I am a little biased, but Elder Godoy gave one of the best talks.  I liked the question he made, “If I continue living the way I am, will I receive my promised blessings?"  Sometimes we have to change to do something that is a little bit more difficult, but it’s totally worth the blessing that come after.  

One of the Districts in our Zone
Elder Bravo and I had a great week.  We had a Mission Leadership Counsel with president Fortunato on Thursday.  It’s always so fun to hear President speak.  The counsel was short and to the point.  "You need to be better."  The goal for our mission in the month of October is a high one.  We are going to have to work harder than ever but I’m excited to see a miracle happen.

This week we are going to have a sweet baptism.  Our investigator, Valdo, who WAS an alcoholic hasn’t drunken in 2 weeks and stopped smoking last week! I’m so stoked for him.  His family has been totally impressed with the changes he is making in his life and his baptism will only make things even better.  "Baptism is the end of a process and the start of a life."

I love it.

Elder Marsh
Leonardo Monteiro is the son of a family that Jordan got really close to in Brazil.  He leaves this week to serve a mission in Boston.





Jabuticaba fruit
   

No comments:

Post a Comment